This updated blog was originally posted here January 15th 2014 and is featured again by popular demand.
12. Do I bring you the tile? Yes. You can bring the tile yourself our have the tile delivered to us by any means you would like. When the tile arrives at one of our facilities, we will be able to schedule and give you a completion date.
11. Will you pick up my tile? Generally speaking we do not pick up or deliver. We will be happy to package and send your tile via a delivery service of your choice for an additional charge.
10. Will you deliver my bullnose? See above.
9. Will you expedite if I pay extra? No. If we expedite your order, another customer order would be completed late.
8. Do you sell to the general public? Yes.
7. Do you paint the edges? Absolutely not. Painted edges degrade over time and will wear off or scratch off. Regardless of where you purchase your bullnose, you should insist on a kiln fired glazed edge. Many tile companies sell bullnose with a painted edge, without disclosing it is not kiln fired. Protect your investment by asking if the edge is painted.
6. How many pieces of bullnose can I get per field tile? You have two options to determine how many pieces of bullnose you can get out of a single field tile.
· Bullnose without a factory edge is produced for customers requiring the maximum amount of bullnose per field tile. The number of pieces of bullnose is limited only by the width of the bullnose divided by the width of the field tile. For example you can get four pieces of 3x13 single bullnose out of a 13x13 field tile. Bullnose without a factory edge represents 95% of our orders.
· Factory edge bullnose. Your field tile is cut first to the desired width and then bullnosed on the cut edge. This technique maintains the field tiles original factory edge opposite the bullnosed edge. A maximum of two pieces of bullnose can be produced per field tile using this method. Factory edge bullnose is normally only produced if the field tile has an unusual edge for example a scalloped edge.
If you have any additional questions or you would like clarification on one of the answers above please leave a comment.
Author: Mike Gardiner
Click to set custom HTML
President of American Bullnose of California