Author: Mike Gardiner
Recently I asked all our locations what are the most common questions they get either in person or over the phone. Over the course of the next several blog posts I will attempt to answer these questions.
31. Can you bullnose irregular shapes? You bet: triangles, 3-sided, 4 sided, corners, curbs, rectangles, trapezoids and rhomboids. Heck, if you can think of a reason to bullnose a circle, we can do that too.
30. Can I save money by cutting the field tile myself? The cost to you is the same whether you cut the field tile or we cut the tile (so really why cut it yourself?). We have found that we can maintain a higher quality product if you allow us to cut your field tile.
29. Can I wait while you do my bullnose? No, with one exception. If you happen to have a couple pieces of non-glazed bullnose that does not require any cutting, and we have time to fit you in, we might be able to do it while you wait.
28. Can we fabricate a specific size? Yes. As long as the bullnose size you want is smaller than your field tile we can do it.
27. How much field tile is needed? In the course of manufacturing bullnose, some breakage will occur. Imperfections in the field tile will cause breakage during the process including the cutting, bullnosing and kiln firing of the tile. We normally make a few extra pieces but you will only be charged for what you order. The following table shows the percentage of extra field tile we recommend you send with your order. All the field tile that is not used will be returned with your completed order.
26. Can we match an existing piece of bullnose? This is a tough one. We can always match the bullnose size and usually the glaze color but not always the “profile” of the bullnose. In order for us to determine if a match is possible we will have to physically see the piece of bullnose to be matched.
25. Can you glaze red body tile? Just like the glaze that covers your red bodied field tile, our glaze also will cover the red bisque.
24. Can you put me on the schedule before I drop off tile? No; we schedule orders when the tile arrives at our facility. In the past, we have scheduled customers’ orders ahead of time and the tile has never shown up. This causes everyone to get their bullnose order later than necessary.
23. Do I need an appointment? No you don’t. Please stop by any of our locations during business hours, and we will be able to schedule your order.
If you have any additional questions or need clarification of the answers above, please leave a comment.
Click to set custom HTML
President of American Bullnose of California