Author: Mike Gardiner
This blog entry is a continuation of the questions most frequently asked by our customers. Again, I will attempt to answer these questions as clearly as possible.
22. Do I pay when I drop off the tile? No, we accept payment when the job is complete.
21. Do you do mosaics? Yes, however, other than our Woodale, Illinois location, we do not specialize in mosaic production (currently) and normally only make mosaics for customers in emergency situations. Our Woodale, Illinois location does specialize in mosaics and will be happy to make your mosaic tiles.
20. Do you have contractor pricing? Not specifically; our pricing discounts are based on quantities ordered.
19. How many pieces before a price break? We have price breaks at 101 pieces, 501 pieces and 1001 pieces. To qualify for the discount, the entire order has to be the same tile, same size and same color.
18. Who is that freaky looking dude on the wet saw? Just seeing if you were paying attention.
17. Do you make the bullnose from scratch? This seems to be a common misconception. We make bullnose out of your existing field tile. By doing so we eliminate all possibility of non-matching dye lots between field tile and bullnose tile.
16. Do you take credit cards? Currently only our Wooddale, Illinois and Sarasota, Florida locations accept credit cards.
15. How big of a tile can you bullnose? The largest tile we can apply a glazed bullnose edge to is 24 inches. Our Dallas, Texas and Sarasota, Florida locations can glaze a tile up to 36 inches. All locations can bullnose tiles up to 36 inches that don’t require glaze.
14. How do you choose the glaze color? Generally we match the dominant color of your field tile and then add additional “speckling” of other glaze colors if needed. Each glazed bullnose order is individually matched and will have its own glaze formula. These formulas are put in a database and saved should you ever need additional pieces. However, if you do need additional pieces, a sample of the previously made bullnose is appreciated for quality control purposes.
13. What glaze color options are there? If your field tile is a solid color, we will match that solid color. If your field tile is a stone look, we match the dominant color of your field tile and then add additional “speckling” of other glaze colors as needed. There are certain field tiles we cannot match, like candy apple red. This requires the use of leaded glazes (all of our glazes are lead free) in order to match the color.
If you have any additional questions or you would like clarification on one of the answers above please leave a comment.
Click to set custom HTML
President of American Bullnose of California